Irving Middle's Summer READ! Program
Rising Irving Middle 7th & 8th Graders,
We invite you to participate in Irving Middle School’s Summer READ! Program!
Here’s how you can participate:
- Access the READ! Choice Board and choose a challenge that appeals to you.
- Complete the READ! Challenge.
- Write a short reflection about what you read on this Google Form.
- Repeat Steps 1-3! 😊
For every READ! Choice Board challenge that you finish and write about in the Google Form, your name is entered into a raffle. The more things you read, the more entries you have to win prizes. The maximum number of entries being 25!
Prizes will be distributed and grade-level top readers will be announced at the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year.
The READ! Program runs from June 12, 2020 until August 24, 2020.
If you have questions about the READ! Choice Board options, or need recommendations for book titles, please email both Irving MS librarians: (Ms. Monk) @email and (Mrs. Gawalt) @email will try to respond quickly to your questions, even throughout the summer months.
Please remember that you have several options for obtaining reading material during the summer:
- The Fairfax County Public Library branches are allowing users to place books on hold and then drive by for curbside pick-up when the books are ready.
- Additionally, ebooks and audiobooks are available to all FCPS students through the Mackinvia.com website. Here are complete instructions for accessing digital resources through Mackinvia.
- You may also choose to purchase some titles or swap books (safely) with friends.