Our New Website!
Dear Irving Middle School Community,
On Tuesday, August 1, Irving Middle School will launch a newly designed website, which will offer several advantages including:
- Displaying on mobile devices, an important feature because so many of you are coming to the site through cell phones,
- Enabling the easy sharing of content between school and Fairfax County Public Schools (for example, emergency alerts about weather closures etc. from the main site will be promptly displayed on the school site),
- Making navigation of sites easier for parents as children progress through the FCPS schools because all sites will feature similar menus, and
- Featuring accessibility to all users with disabilities (508 compliant).
We are proud that Irving Middle School is one of the first schools to move its website to the new format adopted by FCPS this past summer.
If you are not able to find the information you need on our home page, you can use any of the following:
- Search Function, similar to the way you would look for information on Google,
- Top Menu, which links to main topics including About, Academics, Activities, Resources, and Contact Us, and
- Full Menu, in the upper left hand corner of the home page, which shows all the items under the main topics.
If you have bookmarked our old website be sure to update that with our new website address https://irvingms.fcps.edu/.
While we have tried to include all of the information that you come to rely on, there may be something that we have forgotten. If that is the case, feel free to contact our Web Curator, Michael Greene, at @email.
Cindy Conley Principal Irving Middle School