Attendance Procedures and Policies
Submit a student absence by using our online attendance form or by calling our 24/7 attendance line.
- If your student will be late to school or absent from school please use our online attendance form or call the Attendance Line at 703-912-4545 to excuse the late arrival/absence.
- Planned absences of 3 or more days must be pre-arranged. Please have your child pick up a “Pre-Arranged Absence” form from Attendance at least a week before the absence begins to allow teachers to provide the work your child will be missing during the extended absence.
- If your child is sick and will be out of school for more than 3 days (not a prearranged absence), please contact your child’s counselor or the teachers directly if you are requesting school work. Please allow 24 hours for teachers to gather the work. The requested work will be located in the main office for pick up. If your child will be absent less than 3 days, please refer to the teacher’s Google Classroom or Blackboard site for the homework assignments. If you have any questions or need clarification about assignments, please contact the teachers directly.
- If an emergency arises that will necessitate an extended absence, please notify Attendance and your student’s counselor.
- If you need to check your child out of school early, please call the Attendance line or send a note in with your child. In either case, he/she should report to Attendance first thing in the morning of the early check out. Your child will be given a pass for the needed dismissal time. Early notification will cut down on your waiting time! And please remember to include the checkout time, not the appointment time.
Early Checkout Procedures
- To make the early checkout procedure smoother, Irving asks students to bring a note signed by their parent/guardian to Student Services at the beginning of the day and that they meet their parent/guardian in Student Services at the designated time. Parents/guardians must come into the school building to sign out their child and will be asked to show photo identification to school staff. Parents/guardians must also provide permission for their child to be picked up by someone other than a parent/guardian. Due to the large number of buses and kiss and ride drivers, if your child needs to leave early closer to the end of the day, please pick them up no later than 1:45 to ensure you are able to exit the parking lot.
- Office Assistant