There are no opportunities advertised at this time
Be Part of Connection Newspaper’s Children’s Edition 2018
Irving students- it’s time to get creative! During the last week of each year, the Connection Newspaper devotes its pages to the creativity of local students and children. The results are always remarkable. The annual Children's Connection (including Children’s Gazette, Children’s Almanac and Children’s Centre View) is a tradition of well over a decade.
Entries can be artwork, poetry, essays, creative writing, opinion pieces, short stories, photography, photos of sculpture or gardens or other creative efforts. All submissions be digital so they can be sent through email or delivered on flash drive. Writing should be submitted in text format. Artwork should be photographed or scanned and provided in jpeg format.
* Drawings or paintings or photographs of your family, friends, pets or some favorite activity. These should be photographed or scanned and submitted in jpeg format. Photos of sculpture or larger art projects are also welcome.
* Short answers (50 to 100 words) to some of the following questions: If you could give your parents, family or friends any gift that didn't cost money what would that gift be? What are you most looking forward to in the upcoming year? What is one thing that you would change about school? What do you want to be when you grow up? What is your favorite animal? What is your favorite toy? What makes a good parent? What makes a good friend? Describe one of the best or worst things that ever happened to you? What is the best gift you've ever been given? Ever received?
* Your opinion (50 to 100 words) about traffic, sports, restaurants, video games, toys, trends, politics, etc.
* Poetry or other creative writing.
* News stories from school newspapers.
* Photos and text about activities or events.
* Were you involved in November’s elections? What did you think?
To be published, you must submit the full first and last name of the student artist/writer. Identify each piece of writing or art, including the student's full name, age, grade and town of residence, plus the name of the school, name of teacher and town of school location. Home schoolers’ contributions are welcomed.
Email submissions for the Children's Edition to the following editors:
* For Burke, Clifton,Fairfax, Fairfax Station, Great Falls, Herndon, Lorton, McLean, Reston, or Springfield, email to Kemal Kurspahic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To send flash drives containing artwork and typed, electronic submissions, mark them clearly by school and hometown and mail the flash drive to: Children's Connection (including Children’s Gazette, Children’s Almanac and Children’s Centre View), 1606 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314.
Please send all submissions by Monday, Dec. 3, 2018. The Children's Edition will publish the last week of 2018.
You can see last year’s editions by visiting www.connectionnewspapers.com/PDFs/ and scroll down to Children’s Edition.
Summer Camps & Opportunities
There are no camp opportunities available at this time.