Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.
Upcoming Important Dates
Missing Library Books - West Springfield Pyramid schools are missing books checked out last school year. Please take a look around for any FCPS library books you may still have and return them to their “home school library."
March 2 - Last Names A-K
March 4 - Last Names L-Z
Return to School - 8th grade students who selected in-person will return to school 2 days per week.
Two-Hour Early Dismissal school ends at 12:00 pm
March 9 - Last Names A-K
March 11 - Last Names L-Z
Return to School - 7th grade students who selected in-person will return to school 2 days per week.
Congratulations to Ms. Jenny Hay, she was named the Region 4, Outstanding Secondary Teacher of the year! Ms. Hay is now a finalist for the FCPS Outstanding Secondary Teacher of the Year.
Good Luck, Ms. Hay!What to Pack Each Day - In-Person Students
As families (who selected in-person) prepare to return to the building, please ensure your child has the following items with them in their backpack, each day they come to school.
- Mask (recommend a backup mask as well just in case)
- CHARGED Laptop
- Laptop charger
- Something to write with and paper
- A water bottle (optional, but recommended) Water fountains will not be available for students to drink from - they are hydration bottle refill stations only.
- Lunch (if not eating a school lunch)
Return to School Video
On Tuesday during ROCK Block, a video was shared with all students regarding the return to the building. If you would like to view the video with your child, please click this link.Class Room Numbers
Students and/or Parents/Guardians may log into StudentVue or ParentVue to see which class room each of their classes is located. On Tuesday, students were given a mapping activity so they could map out where their classes are located and familiarize themselves with the one-way and two-way hallways.
If you would like to assist your child with the mapping activity, please have your child login on their computer and then click this link to access this activity.
Students will receive a copy of their schedule and a map when they arrive at school on their first day and we will have adults throughout the building to assist them.
At a minimum, please have your child identify their 1st period class room number as that is where they will receive a copy of their schedule.Technology News Returning to School In-Person: Tech Items
For students returning for in-person instruction:
- Please shutdown and plug-in the laptop each night so that it is fully charged for the school day.
- Bring the laptop, laptop charger and headphones or earbuds to school each in-person day.
We are almost there!! Thanks to the many parents/guardians who have already given permission for their child to use digital resources at Irving. It is imperative that we have consent for all students. If you have not yet provided this consent, please use the first link below to provide your consent today and the second link if you wish to view the list of digital resources at Irving. Thank you!
As part of FCPS’s ongoing effort to support student use of technology, Chrome Sync and the ability to save passwords is now available. Students are not required to use Chrome Sync and save passwords, but may choose to them in order to:
- reduce their log-in time.
- access bookmarks and extensions across devices.
Chrome will remember and offer saved passwords when students are logging into different instructional applications. Chrome will also make bookmarks and extensions available on any device in which the student logs into Chrome and turns on Sync.
If your student would like to use Chrome Sync and save passwords, support resources are available on the FCPS website. If your child is logged into Chrome now, they may need to log out of Chrome and log back in to see the new features.Student Laptop Message: Windows License Expiring
If your child is receiving a message that their Windows license is expiring on their FCPS-issued laptop, follow the steps below to fix this:
- Turn off the laptop
- Drive or walk to the nearest FCPS site/parking lot (this can be any FCPS site)
- Get close enough to the building so the laptop automatically connects to the WiFi
- Turn the laptop on and login to the laptop
- Wait 5 mins and then restart (be sure you are restarting the laptop and not just shutting down)
- Log back into the laptop (while on the FCPS WiFi)
- Wait 5 another mins and then restart a second time (be sure you are restarting the laptop and not just shutting down)
- The licensing issue should be resolved, and you can take the laptop back to your residence
To view the weekly club schedule, click here.
If your child is interested in joining one of our clubs, please have them visit the After School Program Student Website in the All Students Course in Schoology. If your child needs help signing up for a club, check out this video tutorial! Tutorial for Accessing the Irving After School Program Student Website
Questions about After School? Please email Emily Geary (email@example.com)News from your PTA
It's hard to believe, but the PTA is looking for nominations for PTA Board members for next year!! A nominating committee has been formed. The current Board positions are President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Nominations can be submitted to IrvingMSPTA@gmail.com. Please include the nominee's name, contact info (email or phone), and position being nominated for and then the nominating committee will determine a slate of candidates to be voted on at an upcoming PTA meeting.
The PTA is also working on another round of SpiritWear sales. Stay tuned for a link with new products. Even before that, WIMS masks will be available to order next week!
The PTA is planning to invite rising 7th grade parents to an upcoming meeting to talk about "What I wish I would have known...." coming to Irving. To help with that, please take a few minutes to share your thoughts in this survey - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3QKSZS5 - to help guide the discussion!
The PTA Mask Link is now live. If you would like to purchase a WIMS mask, please click on this link. ORDERS CLOSE ON MARCH 7th!!
If you haven't joined the PTA yet, you can do that on our MemberHub site here
.We hope to see you online at the next PTA meeting on March 9th! (Please note - Translations are computer generated.)
And here are the upcoming PTA dates for your calendar!!
- March 9: Regular PTA Meeting
- March 16: PTA hosted meeting for rising 7th grade parents
- March 25: Glory Days Spirit Night!
- March 26: PTA Nominations due for PTA Board 2021-2022
- April 7: PTA Meeting - nominations announcement
- April 28: Coal Fire Spirit Night!
- May 11 - PTA Meeting - Board Elections!
For any questions, comments or ideas, please contact us at IrvingMSPTA@gmail.com.